Thursday, April 26, 2018

A LITTLE DITTY FOR DANDELIONS

Poetry Month will end too soon! Four more days.

With all of the rain, we are slogging through puddles. Green is all you can see now, but to be remembered in October. This pouffy flower will be popping up soon. I dare you not to lean over and grab a few stems and watch the magic of their flight.




DANDELIONS

Springtime showers
Filled my days,
Puddles ruined my shoes.
I cussed and complained
About the incessant rain
Although it did no good.
Clouds never cleared for blue skies,
Ground mushed beneath my feet,
And why,
All this mess,
Just for flowers?

Gladiously glourolas grew
Between roses’ fragrant blooms,
Amid violet irises heights,
But the most delicate and lacking in beauty,
The dandelion.

Dandelions,
Such a common weed
But nourished as the others,
Grew in abundance under the Texas sun,
Waiting for winds
To send the seeds sailing.

Briefly,
The dandelions flourished,
But then we met
And that’s the story of the dandelions’ demise.
Explanatorily speaking,
We blew them to the sky,
In our hair and in our eyes,
We couldn’t outdo the other,
Our hands grabbed the delicate seeds.
I forgot what my earlier days had taught
A wish blown on a dandelion
Will come true in time.
If you run across a dandelion
Please make a wish for me,
Just wish we’ll meet again,
In the springtime,
So we can wish on dandelions.















No comments:

Post a Comment